Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Where Can I Get Copies of Water Decrees?

Utah water law provides for a general adjudication process under which all water rights in an area are adjudicated. The final step in this process is for the court to enter a decree that establishes the water rights. In many areas of the state, these decrees become the most important document with respect to water rights. Copies of decrees are available on the Utah Division of Water Rights' website. Click here to access the complete list of decrees, which have been organized by county.

Below, I have provided the links to some of the most common decrees:

Provo River Decree (1921) - available here or here

Weber River Decree (1937) - click here

Ogden River Decree (1948) - click here

Sevier River Decree [aka “Cox Decree”] (1936) - click here

Big Cottonwood Creek Decree [aka “Morse Decree”] (1914) - click here

Little Cottonwood Creek Decree [aka “Morse Decree”] (1910) - click here

No comments: